Olivia turned 8 months on the 15th of
January. We had a doctor’s appointment
on the 21st and she was 11 lbs 4.5 oz and 23.75 inches long. The doctor is happy with how she is
doing. Olivia has been eating solids for
a few weeks now. So far she likes sweet
potato and oatmeal made with breast milk.
We will continue to introduce her to new foods; next will be squash,
avocado and bananas.
As I mentioned in
my last post, we went to Junior’s graduation and cheered him on. Here are a few pictures from that day.
Olivia has been sitting up by herself more and more each
day. This is her on Christmas getting
ready to open her gifts. She also enjoyed trying to open one of her gifts.
We also got to spend time with family; below you will find pictures with grandpa then grandma, followed by her grandma and great grandma and a picture with her cousins.
Another great thing we are noticing with Olivia is that she is now scootching forward on the floor like a caterpillar. I will try to get video of that soon. Her curiosity is wonderful to watch; she is continually looking around discovering new things. She has discovered mommy and daddy’s faces recently. When we hold her up she stares at us then she grabs our nose, chin, cheeks and then she slaps us as she screams in delight haha and it can hurt!
Sleeping patterns: Olivia’s sleeping has improved
tremendously in the past 2 months. She
is now sleeping for at least 7 hours before waking up for a feeding. The fact that she is sleeping better has
helped with her attention, grouchiness and her overall tiredness (no more
continually rubbing her eyes and arching her back). At her last Physical Therapy appointment her
PT was happy with her progression; he gave us a few things to continue to encourage
her on, which we have been doing. With
all of her scooting around I find her on all sections of her bed in the middle
of the night. I just make sure her arm
or leg does not get caught in the middle of the bars; if they do, I move her
back to the middle.
The rest of Olivia’s hair is starting to grow in, so it is
beginning to look really nice. The hair
on the top of her head has grown long as well; so long that her sitter is able
to put it into a ponytail. (The one time I tried she would not sit still long
enough) It seems as though Olivia is teething but nothing is coming through
yet, she is showing the signs (drooling, putting her fist in her mouth, chewing
on everything) but nothing yet. Let’s
hope it isn’t too hard on her. I believe
I covered most of what has happened in the past few months. As she meets new milestones I will continue
to let you guys know by updating the blog.
As a bonus I am adding pictures of Olivia smiling :-)



Such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete