After a wonderful bible study class I went to
visit Olivia. Nurse C (a different one
than last night) was working tonight, she was out for a while for personal
reasons. When I arrived she was finishing up the hands on, so I wasn’t able to
participate but I was able touch Olivia while she was finishing. During the end she noticed some discharge
coming out of Olivia’s left ear, she asked me if she’s had that before and I
said no. She called Dr. O to come view
it; he ordered a culture on it to see if it is an infection. They should get the results tomorrow. Olivia needed another blood transfusion today
and they also gave her a dose of Lasix (sp?) which helps clear out all the
extra fluids. Her Billy Ruben score went
down from 4.8 to 4.1. Tomorrow we find
out of the final dose of medication closed her murmur at all, hopefully it
did. Many people live with murmurs but
Olivia’s is too big for that. We will
see tomorrow night how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment