Tuesday, June 18, 2013

6/17/13 – What’s that gunk?

Today I was more excited than usual to see Olivia.  When we got there we noticed she had the big Billy Light over her.  This is because she had such a big poop last night that she messed up the Billy blanket!  Nurse L had to change all the sheets as well.  She also told me that she lowered Olivia’s vent so she is less dependent on the machine for oxygen.  Another thing I noticed on Olivia was that she had a lot of eye gunk.  She had her glasses on but she likes to move it, so the glasses were on her forehead instead of her eyes.  During touch time we were able to clean some of it out but she still had a good amount in her eye ball.  I didn’t like leaving it there but I can’t go digging into her eyes to grab it.  I asked Nurse L if she could talk to the doctor about it and she said she would and if she still had that at the 2 am touch time they would probably send it out to get cultured.  Olivia was on very low oxygen all day! She was getting the same amount of air that you and I receive through natural air.  Her Billy Ruben score did go up a bit, but the more she poops the better the score will more than likely be. 


During the morning Olivia had her second brain scan, it came back clean with no bleeds! God is so tremendous.  The doctor did notice something small in the front but he said it is nothing to be concerned about.  Olivia is now up to 2 ml’s of food every hour, tomorrow night she will be up to the max of 2.5 (I believe that is the max).  I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s support group; we've met a few new parents while waiting to sanitize before heading into the NICU.  Hopefully they will go as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment