Friday, June 7, 2013

6/6/13 – Praying fervently

So the murmur (ductus) in Olivia’s heart did not change with the first round of medication. They began the second round of medication last night.  While I pray for Olivia on a continual basis throughout the day, I will have to pray harder and with more passion; we want this murmur to close with the medication so she doesn’t have to have the surgery.  Other than that she is doing well; her sugar is steady and she weighed 1 lb 6 oz last night.  Junior and I did the normal things during our visit and I lifted her when it was time to check her weight.  It was another late night, I’m becoming very tired.  I’ve been putting my alarm on in the middle of the night to pump breast milk and last night I slept through the first one.  My volume was low, but it was vibrating right next to my head for about 2 hours! I was able to wake up for the second one and pump.  The lactation specialist said the middle of the night is when we produce more milk.  I haven’t seen the fruits of that labor; I get less during those hours.  Granted I’ve only woken up in the middle of the night to pump twice, but it is not that much.  I probably need to continue doing so, this way I can produce more.  I know I’m getting plenty of water throughout the day! Regardless, I need to continue the pumping schedule so I have enough milk once Olivia comes home

Proverbs 4: 20-22
My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words.  Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lord,

    Please bless dear Olivia that she may feel your healing grace. So young and innocent we pray for her health and send her love.

    May you watch over her and protect. Forevermore.

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete