Sunday, June 30, 2013

6/30/13 – In my arms

Today we got a nice surprise when we went to see Olivia today.  Nurse H let us know that they had to change her incubator so I would be able to hold her while they do that.  I was so excited to hear that! My heart was so full when Nurse H placed Olivia in my arms.  The entire process took about 20-30 minutes.  She was so peaceful in my arms and fell right to sleep.  She was wide awake beforehand when we were changing her diaper.  The respiratory therapist and nurse H said she did very well while I was holding her.  The doctor came by and mentioned the possibility of extubating her soon; this was music to my ears.  I cannot wait to see her without the intubation taking up half of her face.  We had such a wonderful weekend with our little girl.  

She also gained another ounce, she is now 2.1 lbs 

No comments:

Post a Comment