Wednesday, July 10, 2013

7/10/13 – Back on track

Olivia is back on track with her feeding schedule.  She is receiving the max amount of breast milk and is not receiving any other supplemental liquids.  She weighed 2.5 lbs last night and looks bigger to me.  We have a new baby next to us now and he/she (don’t know because we don’t receive information about other babies unless the parent’s tell us) is about the same size Olivia was when she was born.  It shows me just how much she has progressed in the past 8 weeks.  I saw the parents last night and it was their first time visiting the baby so I didn’t get into a conversation with them, just said hello.  Next time I see them I will befriend them and share our journey.  Hopefully that will help them a little.  Livvy has 5 more days on antibiotics for the infection, then she should be IV free.  Now that she doesn’t have her glasses on, she is quicker to open her eyes during touch time which I love.  Another good day for Olivia is a good day for me. 

1 comment: