Wednesday, July 10, 2013

7/9/13 – Bye bye Billy

I decided to call in during the day to check in on Olivia. Nurse H was there, he said she was doing great and that they completed the eye test prep, the official eye test is Thursday.  When I arrived at the hospital the first thing I noticed was the blanket on top of the incubator… THE BILLY LIGHT WAS OFF!! I was so excited, that means Olivia is in there without her glasses.  Hopefully her eyes would be open. I jokingly said to Nurse H, I couldn’t believe he wouldn’t tell me about that over the phone! He said that the doctor just finished discontinuing the light so he didn’t have a chance to.  Either way, I was happy.  She had a good day; her oxygen level was good as well as her sugar.  We began touch time and I changed her diaper and cleaned her up a bit.  When I lifted to weigh her she decided she had to pee again… on my hand.  I guess I better get used to these sort of things ;-).  Livvy gained another ounce! She is now 2.4 lbs and she grew an inch, she is almost 14 inches.  Her feeds will increase as she does and at this rate, they will continue to increase her feeds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment