Monday, July 8, 2013

7/8/13 – My little Kangaroo

Olivia gained another ounce! She is at 2.3 lbs now. J They are increasing her feeds as well.  She will get an eye exam tomorrow and they will stop feeds during the eye exam.  We saw Dr. TZ today and I reminded him about our conversation Saturday night.  He said we can discuss having kangaroo time today… He said “I did say that didn’t I?” So he let me have a mini kangaroo, I got to hold Olivia skin to skin on my chest for 15 minutes.  At first she kept lifting her little head trying to see what was going on, and then when I laid her in the middle she relaxed.  This was a very sweet moment and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I believe we would be able to do this once a week, next time will be daddy’s turn.  It is amazing how my body reacted, I had to rush home and pump; I got an ounce more than usual.  She will be 8 weeks this Wednesday; it is amazing how fast time is going.  At this rate she will be home in no time… Oh man I better get the nursery started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment