Wednesday, July 24, 2013

7/24/13 –Say what? I’m a big girl for a day

Olivia had an overall good day; she did have one Brady cardia but as mentioned in previous posts, that’s not uncommon among preemies.  She was fast asleep during our touch time just like last night.  When we went to weigh her the bed was saying she lost 5 ounces… um what?  So we tried again, same thing.  Nurse L did the lifting the third time and it said she lost even less!  Something was obviously wrong with the machine because Olivia did not look that much smaller.  Nurse L ran to the back and borrowed the “big girl” scale which is a very hot commodity in the NICU.  She put Livvy on it and she is still 2.12, but she gained another 5 grams.  She returned the scale quickly.  After the hands on I began my search for a glider (the new kind of rocking chair).  They were all taken, all that was available was the old school rocking chair.  Originally this is what I wanted to have in Livvy’s room.  Well, let me tell you, those things are extremely uncomfortable, it’s very hard and the rock isn’t as great as the glider.  Before we started kangaroo time, I tried to file Livvy’s nails because they are growing and she was scratching daddy up last night.  At first she was fine, but when I got a little closer to her finger she pitched a fit!  She began to cry and turned extremely red.  Okay, okay I’ll stop.  Tomorrow I’ll bring in the nail clippers I received in the same gift package.  Livvy did very well with kangaroo, she’s become very accustomed to it.  She slept the entire time, looking very peaceful.  As soon as we put her back into the incubator she woke up.  This is becoming a regular thing with her, once it’s time for us to go home she wants to start waking up.  Eventually I know I will want her to sleep at some points in time J.  Tomorrow is the eye exam, let’s pray they have improved! 

1 comment:

  1. LOL they do that . she will act like she is sleep so she can stay in your arms..lol. dallas does that..lol.. she is such a strong little baby ..love her !!

    aunti lilah

    ReplyDelete